Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And now, Introducing....


Just keeping the blog updated, ya'll. So it's been a week and everything is going smoothly. Joshua continues to be one of the sweetest babies I have ever seen, Richard is (absolutely) the most wonderful husband and father in the world, and my recovery is progressing well.
Josh is like a mix between a newborn and a one month old baby,probably because of his weight. He still has all the quirky newborn mannerisms- like mystery smiles, bizarre hand gestures, staring into space, and my personal favorite: "what do I do with this huge noggin?" But he also eats plenty, sleeps better than we expected, and has the most patient, calm disposition that I have ever seen.
Richard deserves a gold star. He's been staying up with Josh at night so I can get plenty of rest, he comes home early from work just to check on us, and he's never once lost patience with me, even though I'm a bit of a mess right now. He's one truly great man.
I'm recovering better than I expected, but it's slow going for sure. It's frustrating to be home and be unable to do the many things I am accustomed to, and I have to keep reminding myself that a c-section is a major surgery. Sometimes I feel like I went through this:


But mostly I feel more like I was attacked by these two:


So don't ask me how I'm doing unless you really want to know! love you all, thanks for your prayers and support-

16 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

HE IS CUTE! And you still have your sense of humor! :) Speedy recovery to you, can't wait to see Handsome in person!

Jenni said...

So precious! You know - if you need help there are many just a phone call away willing to help - it was MAJOR surgery! Call me!

*Lisa* said...

Oh, he is just beautiful!!! I can't wait to see him! I'm so so glad that all of your fears can be put to rest with this sweet, calm, baby! For now at least ;) Heavenly Father definitely knows what we can handle, I think!

Meggan said...

Congrats on the new addition! he looks so precious! Glad to know you are recovering well. We're thinking of ya'll!

JNew said...

c-sections are really frustrating. you know you're supposed to take it easy, but how can you do that when you have to take care of a newborn and your other children? i'm glad the recovery's going well and you've got superdad there to help!

Anonymous said...

I am hoping for a speedy recovery!

Joshua is a major cutie and I can't wait to meet him! For now take it easy and enjoy all the rest you can get cause believe me when I say rest is the one sure way of recovery! :) And yay for such a great hubby!

Britt said...

Hope you are up and about and feeling grand soon. He looks adorable.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Sarah he is so handsome!!!

I never went through a C-section, but one of my TX friends had 4 of them. One of her favorite things was what she called a coughing pillow. It is a 3rd size normal bed pillow that she held up against her tummy during the day, applying just a small amount of oressure in the zone. It helped especially when she coughed or laughed, but other times as well. She made one for each pregnancy and later used them as a pillow in their first toddler bed, and later again as tooth fairy pillows, so they became a reminder of something good and not something bad. Just a thought. (A really long one, I know, sorry.)

Wendyrful said...

You sound like your spirits are still up! He is a very cute young man, and like everyone else... I can't wait to meet him! Get as much rest as you can, because you did go through Major Abdominal Surgery. Do not hessitate to call out for help. There are truly many people right around the corner willing to help in whatever ways that we can.

Shaunte' said...

He is too cute! I love his hair. Hang in there, the pain starts to go away quicker than you think. Can't wait to see the little guy.

kg said...

Congratulations, he's beautiful!! Now your cute baby bump is gone! :)

Dahnelle said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I hope you feel better soon, though:(

danakat said...

I love him.
I miss him already, that sweet thing. Give him cuddles from me, please. And take it easy. You practically were sawed in half you know. :)

Lisa said...

awww, so cute! congrats!!

Karen said...

What a doll. I love his hair. I hope you feel better soon! Having a newborn is so tough but so worth it!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Hi Sarah! Long time no talk! That sweet boy of yours needs a maiden voyage to Memphis! He is beautiful. Glad you survived the C-section. They are brutal, but so worth it. Heard there was quite a reunion in Primary between Chandler and Hannah. Sure love you guys!