Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm Pregnant and Allowed to do this sort of thing.


We had chocolate fondue for dinner tonight. Hannah declared it her new favorite dinner, although she was a bit concerned that it wasn't clearly either a meal or a dessert, and spent a good amount of time and words trying to classify it. Sam just sighed in utter bliss. With every bite, he would roll his little eyes up and smile; it takes so little to make him so happy. I think he liked it even more that Krispy Kreme donuts, and that my friends, is saying a lot.

Not long afterward all three kids, Hannah, Sam, and Josh went N-U-T-S. At one point, Hannah pretended to be fireworks, while Sam galloped around on an imaginary horse, and Josh did flips off my rib cage. It was a great evening.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Now that sounds like some good times!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a GREAT evening! Kids and sugar highs always make for an interesting day! :)

I think chocolate for dinner is perfect. We have waffles and chocolate syrup sometimes...the kids are always in heaven on those nights...which unfortunately are few.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Yummm! Tonight we had banana stuffed crepes! I think the only thing healty about it was the bananas (before they were drowned in lemon juice and maple syrup) and the wheat in the crepes (before they were wrapped around said bananas, and once again drowned in syrup)!

JNew said...

yum!

erin said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmy! I LOVE fondue...can't wait until I'm free to eat it again! And, that is a CLASSIC pic of Sam! LOVE IT!

Wendyrful said...

What an AWESOME idea!!! How fun! I have alwasy wanted to have fondue... (aren' they putting in a fondue restaraunt at Bridgestreet?)

Kayleen said...

OH man, dinner is so fun when you're pregnant!