Friday, May 29, 2009

The Great Birthday Debate

So here it is...
You know how every pregnant woman in the world dreams of going into labor early, because they are so FED UP with being IMPOSSIBLY BIG and UNCOMFORTABLE by those last few weeks? Well, my babies don't like to be born. Hannah and Sam were induced, and it's looking like Josh is going to be the same way. I don't know where my kids get this stubborn streak, really. I just hope it's not this hard to get them to move out of the house in a decade or so...

The up side is that this means I get to pick a birthday for Josh. The debate is currently between June 16th and June 18th. The exciting twist? June 18th is also Richard's birthday. What do you think??

7 comments:

Julia said...

Mostly, I voted for the 16th for my own convenience

Richelle said...

I share a bday with my mom and love it, its a shock factor for most people. It was more my day than hers when it came to celebrations. It's fun to share a birthday but I'm also a girl. Good luck and Congrats.

Richelle

hope said...

I voted for seperate days. This gives them their own day, but you can still celebrate a fun day on the 17th whenever you want, or whatever. We had months with multiple birthdays in it, and it made it so much fun.

Meggan said...

My sister and I have one day between our birthdays, and though we did do many parties together, it was still our own day. Ben was born on his parents anniversary, and over the years, his birthday overshadowed that, so I think having your own day is nice. I feel your pain about babies not wanting to come. I've been induced on both births! Good luck!

danakat said...

Don't do it.
Give the boy his own day.

Amber Chappell said...

Absolutely he needs his own birthday. My doctor wanted to induce me with my twins on my birthday and I refused. It's bad enough that they have to share, they didn't need to share it with me too!

HaYn Mama said...

My birthday is two days before my dad's and I'm so grateful I have my own day... what's funny is that my dad often forgets when my birthday is!!! poor old man!

good luck with picking your son's date!!!