Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Crazy saturday

Richard is not a spontaneous man. So imagine my surprise over breakfast when I jokingly suggest that we drive to the Aquarium in Chattanooga and he replies, with complete nonchalance, 'sure'. And off we went!

But first, we went to Cheeburger Cheeburger for ther very first time ever where, while waiting for our food, Sam and I practiced our goofy faces. And the burgers? fabulous.


Very first thing Hannah got to touch a NOT snake, it's actually a legless lizard. Creepy. I wanted to touch some creepies too, so later at a sting ray exhibit I put my hand in the water and the rays zapped me, and then the staff medics showed up.... just kidding. These were friendly rays with the barbs removed just for crazies like me. They were slimy, but still, it was way cool, and they would come right to the edge of the tank just so you could touch them.

There was a cool tank with a bubble in the middle that the kids (okay, and I) crawled into. It was like we were in the water.

Okay, some of these fish were just stinking huge. Like this beluga sturgeon.

Sam had a hitchhiker in the butterfly garden, which he thought was pretty cool. The funny thing is that all the rest of us are all holding still, trying hopefully to get one to land on us, and who does the butterfly land on? the crazy kid running around like a maniac. right.

Hannah's bummed no butterflies chose her.

These jellyfish were my favorite part of the whole exhibit. Their beauty was stunning.

By the time we were finished, Hannah and Sam were exhausted looking for places to nap. What a great day!

10 comments:

Christine said...

WHat a fun day! I want to get there one day- it looks like great fun.

Micaela said...

Sarah! Those pictures are so professional!!! They are very good! Looks like a fun time. Joe has talked about Chatanooga and Gatlinburg (?) ever since we moved here!

Amber Chappell said...

I LOVE that picture of Sam with the butterfly on his shoulder. That is so cute!

Anonymous said...

There is a cheeburger cheeburger in Collierville (FYI) next time you get up.

Wendyrful said...

Great pic's! What a fun time!

Anonymous said...

I love cheeburger cheeburger! :) How fun that y'all went up there! i haven't been since they put the new exhibit in! Love the goofy faces! :)

JNew said...

those are great pics!

Quincy Sorensen said...

The Tennessee Aquarium really is one of the best places in the world, and I'm glad you guys had a great time. Kirk and I went there on one of our first dates.

Anonymous said...

wait! Richard? Spontaneous?! that's almost unheard of! That butterfly pic with sam is soo cute!!!

Melissa Stubbs said...

What great pictures! It looks like y'all had a great time. I wish we had an aquarium here in Vermont! All we have are hiking trails! It's fun, but not a ton of variety. I'm glad y'all are doing good.