Friday, February 6, 2009

Dana's number seven

Okay, so I got tagged by Dana, and the rules were to post the 7th picture in the 7th folder on my computer. But wait, I have pictures on two computers. And some folders within folders, and folders sorted by date, and others sorted by name. And ACTUAL folders with ACTUAL pictures in them in an ACTUAL desk drawer. Seriously, this is too complicated. The rules should go something like this: Check your friends blog and discover that you have been tagged. Read disarmingly simple rules, begin to form reply post, panic at overwhelming unclear possibilities, turn off computer, leave room. Come back in a few days, begin to organize picture folders, breathe deeply, refuse to succumb to the monster, turn off computer, leave room. Come back yet again, driven by the nagging need of a task unfinished, quickly and unthinkingly select the 7th picture from the 7th folder sorted by date. Pause. Take the 7th picture from the 7th folder sorted by name for good measure. Stop. Absolutely refuse to go further. Go fold clothes; it will make you feel better.
By name. This is a snapshot of Hannah, me, my mom Teresa, and her mom Esther. I took this picture as an afterthought one time when Grandma came to visit, and I'm glad I did. The four of us never got together again after this day.
By date. I have so many pictures of Hannah and Sam looking like absolute goofballs that I decided one day to take some more deliberate shots of them. They still looked like goofballs in most of the pictures.

4 comments:

HaYn Mama said...

super cute pics. love the 4 generations!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome you were able to get a shot with all 4 of you! Love that last pic! They look so cute!

hope said...

I love generational photos. I have one with 4 generations of boys all having the same name. That was awesome.

Your children are precious!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

What CUTE goofballs! And a very special picture with your grandma . . . your mom looks so youthful!