Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanks-giving

So this may seem a bit off, being grateful right now, considering all that has been going on lately. I'm now 10 weeks along, and I've managed to loose 12 pounds and have IV administered twice for dehydration. Currently I am receiving home health care and pump therapy, which means that I have medication being ministered via pump directly into my leg. Hyperemisis does this to me every time; it slowly eats away my reserves and it becomes a challenge just to stay afloat.

But really, I am grateful. This is my third time to go through this, and while it has been just as difficult as in the past, I have received better medical help than ever before. Dr. Fiore listened to me from the very beginning and his concern prevented my from becoming very seriously ill. What a blessing to have a doctor who believed me! And I have wonderful friends here in Madison- Dana, Sharon, Julie, Lisa, Natalie and many others have picked up and dropped off my kids from school, watched them for hours at a time (no small favor, that) cleaned, helped unpack, bring cards and food and comfort, and more than anything they have just called to see how I was doing. More than anything else I was afraid that I would move somewhere new, and nobody would notice when I got sick. I was so wrong!

And the grandparents have been heroes. When I was thoroughly incapacitated they took Sam to Memphis for 2 weeks for me. The crazy grandmas came to town and helped us move. And my mom has called me every day, to answer all my medical questions and remind me that she loves me.

But most of all I love my husband. He has taken on himself the mom job and not complained once. This amazing husband moved us from our apartment into our house, unpacked both storage units, has gotten Hannah and Sam ready for school every morning and ready for bed every night, and all the other million things that need to be done. And instead of moaning, he asks if I am doing alright. I think he must be perfect.

Thanks everyone! Just a few more weeks!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need anything more let me know! Now that I am home I can have some play dates!

Tell you what, you can take the 12 pounds I have gained and i will take the 12 you lost! Deal? :)

Glad its not much longer...it's always nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Sarah, I am so sorry I had no idea you were so sick. I feel badly that you have been suffering and right in the middle of the move, too. It sounds like this condition improves after the first trimester, and I'm really hoping that is the case. My kids are close in age to yours (and you live so close now), and we would love to get to play with them. I guess I've been too absorbed in my own life . . . please now you are in my thoughts, and I'm so glad you've had some good help! (We are in Utah right now, and we will be home next weekend.)

Meggan said...

Congrats on being pregnant! Not cool all that you have to go through, but the end product is so worth it. Glad you are surrounded by good family to help out. You are in our thoughts and hopefully it won't be much longer!

Kayleen said...

I'm so glad that you have such a helpful hubby! Way to go Richard! I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this, but in the end, it's all worth it!

Britt said...

Oh, Sarah. I can so empathize. I am so sorry. What a great family you have! Go Richard! You can make it.

Anonymous said...

You have won an award on my blog! Enjoy! :)

jewly said...

What a great family you have and friends. I wish we were closer so I could help too. I hope you feel better soon.

chief said...

really missed you last week. Thanks for all of the hardships you endure just to give me beautiful -loving grandkids.

HaYn Mama said...

Wow, Nebs... I'm so grateful that you have a good Dr. and support system. That's some tuff stuff. You're in my prayers!

smoochies,
Fuchi

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

My Sarah. I miss you! I have been keeping up with your progress with Suzie. Wished you lived here so I could take your kids! Chandler would loooooooove to have Hannah over. Good thing kids are worth all that we have to go thru for them. I just wish you didn't have to go thru so much. Love you.

Melissa Stubbs said...

So Sorry you've been so sick. I know it will be over soon and then you can really enjoy having another baby. I've just gotten to the "Can you please stop kicking me?" phase. What great fun! Anyway, I'm not surprised at all about how Richard has been handling things! He is a great man! We miss y'all so much and hope all is going well.

Wendyrful said...

Hey, I was supposed to ask you this a while ago... Sariah would like to do 'service' and would love to help out after school with your kids. Please call on her... really! I'm sorry this has been so rough on you! I hope the light at the end of the tunnel comes soon!