Thursday, August 14, 2008

Error 18

Here's a big apology to all the avid bannappudding blog readers (that goes to both of you): I'm sorry. My computer hard drive, after years of faithful service, failed. It keeps giving me Error 18 messages and telling me that there are unreadable logical blocks, and that device sda3 and sda2 have irreconcilable errors on them. And we all know what that means, don't we?
Richard keeps telling me that it's okay to use his computer, but I can't shake the nasty suspicion that alien buggers came in one night and implanted magnets into my fingertips, a sure fire way to destroy any hard drive. So I don't want to mess up his, too. Right now I'm booted from a linux flash drive, but I can't access any of my files. Which are, thankfully, backed up safely, secretly, and separately from my magnetized fingers.

So I haven't posted any of the exciting things we've been doing, like kindergarten, kayaking, rick climbing, Children's Museum visiting, Wii boxing, Kung foo panda, playgroups, stranded by a dead battery, alien encounters, and all the like.

Does anyone know what error 18 is?

3 comments:

Christine said...

I am glad to know that aliens did not abduct you -I was beginning to worry! Hope you can post again soon!

Melissa Stubbs said...

You guys are so funny! We miss y'all so much! I hope all is well and that you can figure out what's going on with your computer. Don't ask me...I'm clueless!!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

If only it was Error 17. Then I could help.