Thursday, August 28, 2008

12 hours

I received a call from not one, but TWO preschools Tuesday saying that they had openings for Sam. I went on toured both, and finally decided on Trinity Baptist. They have a very comfortable feel, and remind me a lot of Lord of Life back in Memphis. Sam is so excited that when it was time to leave I had to bodily carry him out kicking and crying. Poor boy, I had no idea staying at home with no one but me was so boring. They only had a MWF opening, so I am going to take it and hope that a T/Th opens up later.

So the question is... what in the world am I going to do with almost 12 hours a week of alone time? That's right, no Hannah, Sam, or Richard. You'd think I'd have all sorts of grand plans, but when it finally comes down to it, I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. Give me some good ideas! The more crazy they are, the more likely I am to actually do it!

8 comments:

Christine said...

Enjoy the 12 hours and then you will have more energy to be crazy together when they are home.

Amber Chappell said...

Have a set of twins. They're awesome and you'll never be bored (or wear a clean shirt, or get a nap, or eat your dinner all by yourself...etc..etc.) again! Or you could just get a good book from the library.

jewly said...

I would kill for 12 hours of alone time a week, so you can drive to Memphis and take Savannah for me. We miss you!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

I'm sure you'll be surprised how quickly your time will fill up. The first day will be weird, but after that you'll be ready to go..wherever you want...do whatever you want. Enjoy! And come visit soon. We miss you!

danakat said...

Here's a great idea...you can be my little guy's nanny. I can think of lots I'd like to do. :)

Julia said...

or you could start WORKING ON YOUR GRAD SCHOOL PORTFOLIO!

I am still editing your short story-ish. I did not forgot! I just had to stop everything in my life to spend an entire day writing a bad poem for my first class. Now that THAT'S over, I can get back to the good stuff.

Wheatley Family said...

Drive to Memphis and forget to pick up sam

JNew said...

underwater basket weaving?

don't worry, you're not a doofus - i left memphis 6 years ago. and here we are reunited in the blogosphere!