Saturday, September 13, 2008

Potty Train-ing


Sam is still potty training, and this is our most recent tactic: each of those pictures, Gordon the express train, Harold the helicopter, and the Toll bridge represent a toy that Sam picked out from Target a few weeks ago. Each time he goes potty, he gets to add a track to one of the empty rectangles, but if he makes a mess he has to take one off. Once the tracks to the toy are complete, he gets that toy.

I totally get mommy gold stars for coming up with such a cool idea, right?

8 comments:

jewly said...

Great idea! That is fun and cute.

Christine said...

Very creative! Savanah wants to come visit when it is time for that fun. Potty training is no fun!

danakat said...

That is a stellar idea! I'm sending my little guy your way, okay?

Anonymous said...

Love it! Very creative! I just get mad and threaten their lives...ok maybe just mad, but i should of been a gold star seeking mommy for my kids then maybe we all could have been happier! :)

JNew said...

What an awesome idea! Is it keeping him motivated?

Britt said...

Darling idea, Sarah. Hope is it successful!

Kayleen said...

Gold stars all the way around! You're awesome!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Definite gold stars! I wish I had been so creative when Chandler was potty training. It was a nightmare! But one day it just clicked and I'm sure it will with Sam too. Maybe you should come for another visit and we can discuss this further? :) And Hannah can lay that smack down!