Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Germantown Festival

This past weekend Richard went down to Baton Rouge, LA to help with hurricane clean-up (what a great guy!) so the kids and I decided to take a trip to Memphis. And while we were there- the germantown festival! yeah! Arts and crafts, rides and funnel cakes, life at it's fullest!

The one ride that both Hannah and Sam liked was the inflated slide. I think this thing was 10 feet tall.


Hannah liked the bouncy moon-walk...

...but Sam did not.

The fastest, wildest ride they had there were these swings that spun around. For me the scariest part was wondering how old this ride was, and how much longer it was going to hold itself together.

Don't let looks deceive you. Sam is only smiling because these race cars are rollin' slower than he usually walks.

This is the best. Sam liked the minature merry-go-round because it was excruciatingly slow. He's all proud of himself for being so brave. And in the background, I swear I can hear Hannah thinking "Are you kidding me?

This is the first ride they went on. Hannah loved it, and Sam cried through the whole thing.

We had a blast! We'll be back next year-

6 comments:

jewly said...

Well it looks like they had a great time. Great picture of Hannah smiling on the swings.

JNew said...

looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Glad you were able to visit home for awhile! I am sure your hubby going down to help was greatly appreciated! I know Tys loved helping after Hurricane Katrina! He had to miss this time because he had used his vacation on Scout Camp.

Melissa Stubbs said...

Y'all look like you've had so much fun the last little while. I'm glad your house is coming along! That is always exciting! We are good here, but miss everyone!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

I can't believe I missed you! Chandler was so excited to see Hannah. Come back soon, please? How's the house? We need to schedule the slumber party!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Richard & Sarah! Thanks for your comment on our blog. I can't believe how big your kids are getting! And it looks like you aren't in Memphis anymore?!? Who am I going to hang out with in the children's area during Stake Conference now? :)

Hope you all are doing well! Hope it's okay to add your blog link on our website!
~Emily