Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Merry Christmas Y'all



Merry Merry Christmas everyone!

Well, we've had a great year. Richard graduated with his Master's in Electrical Engineering, and will periodically insist on being referred to (or deferred to) as Master of All Things Electronic, or, Moate. He rolled right into the doctorate program with a slightly stressful entrance exam week. Once again we spent the summer in Lorton, VA just south of DC while Richard worked at Night Vision Labs at Fort Belvoir. We made some good friends and are looking forward to going back this summer. Richard is also happy to report that the music scene is going well, that is, he's acquired a couple more keyboards (including a long sought after Wurlitzer) and a twelve-string guitar. One Way Ticket, the garage band, has recently lost some members but we're trying to hold it together. Richard also has joined me in the River City Band playing the bassoon.

Hannah is everyday becoming a better person, and I am ridiculously proud of her. She is really enjoying preschool and has mastered writing her name, and so now it can be seen on almost every scrap of paper in our house. She has also become Sam's teacher, friend, and on occasion disciplinarian. As she says, “I love to share and I love to take care of you, Sam!”

Hannah and Sam are definitely each other's best friends. In fact, the only reason this post is possible is because they have played together so well this morning! Sam is now an official “big boy” and will no longer let us call him baby boy. He is in the middle of the terrible twos and is not afraid to throw himself on the floor screaming, but usually he is still a sweet kid.

I'm doing great. The River City Band continues to be a wonderful creative outlet for me, and I look forward to pursuing my graduate degree in the near future. I am surrounded by family and friends, and glad to be home. We are all very happy and hope that you are too-


the moores


(by the way, the video quality on blogger is, well, not spectacular. If anyone wants a better video I can email it to them. The file is about 42mb)

12 comments:

Kayleen said...

Oh, the Moores. . . what can I say. This is the BEST Christmas card I've gotten this year. You just about brought me to tears. Boy, we miss you. Merry Christmas. . . we love you guys!

Love,
Shane, Kayleen, Tyler and Paige

Dawn said...

How wonderful!! Merry Christmas!!

erin said...

That is so cute! I love it! I'm also happy to have a link to your blog! I'm so sad to be leaving in a few weeks! You've been a great friend and a great influence as a mother to your children! Have a Merry Christmas, and if I ever get on top of my to do list you'll get a card too! :) We'll sure miss you and your cute family!

Melissa Stubbs said...

Y'all!!!! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! We sure miss y'all tons! Come swing by Atlanta and see us sometime. We hope to make a trip to Memphis some time too. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. We love and miss y'all!

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all - I loved this card. Very cute - and I felt like I was a part of it with the "Moore" picture at the end. We hope to see you soon. Love and Christmas Joy!

Courtney said...

This would bring a smile to a stranger! Thanks for sharing.

-Charlie & Courtney

Anonymous said...

That was awesome!! Stop makeing the rest of us look bad!!! Thanks so much for adding me on your list. I am so glad to have gotten to know you and can't wait to go do some more nightly raids, not to mention more driving lessons.
Joleen M

Courtney said...

Hi Richard & Sarah! Wow, how totally random, I was bored today and looking around on Facebook... I checked out the Langstraats' blogs and then saw a link to yours. What adorable kids you have!! A belated Merry Christmas to you, and happy new year!!

Courtney (Bogott) Moser
www.courtandphil.blogspot.com :)

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa Hodgen said...

Amazing! What a cute idea. Wish I had that kind of talent!

Ben and Jessica Lambeth said...

Sarah! Richard! It's Jessica (Wicke) Lambeth - Courtney directed me to your page, I love it!!!! Send me your email address if you want and we can catch up. Mine is jessicamlambeth@yahoo.com