Sunday, September 27, 2009

Does it make you a bad parent when...

You turn to your husband at 10:45 Sunday night and ask-
"Richard, did we have dinner tonight?"

and he replies:
"huh.

no.

...and neither did our kids."

And you realize that you sent your son to bed earlier complaining about being hungry (which he does every night), and you told him sorry, it's was too late, and now it's bed time. And you are suddenly even more grateful to the Horrocks for showing up with cookies after bedtime, because that's all your kids got to eat tonight.

What inspired friends!

6 comments:

hope said...

There have been nights that we find ourselves putting our kids to bed without dinner... yes. But I do believe they snatched the pretzel jar and ate half of those before the pajamas were even a thought!
One day at a time, Sarah!!

Amber Chappell said...

I totally did the same thing Sarah! We get out of church at 2:30 so lunch was technically at about 3:00 so maybe that still counts as a dinner?

I just make up for it by giving them a bigger breakfast.

Quincy Sorensen said...

I think cookies make an EXCELLENT dinner.

Anonymous said...

It does make you a bad parent. My anonymous children never go to bed hungry. And my yard is always mowed. And I never ever pass gas.

Anonymous said...

THAT'S why they ran to those cookies! ;-P

This post totally cracks me up cause it sounds a bit familiar!

Shaunte' said...

Sarah, you just don't know how much this post has made my night!!! I LOVE YOU!!