Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Three decades

I did it. I actually turned thirty, despite all the tantrums and sulking and denial, the inevitable happened. And thanks to some great friends both in Huntsville and Memphis, I am convinced that although it is the end of my slightly irresponsible and reckless 'tweens, it is not, however, the end of everything. After all, even a hobbit doesn't officially come of age until thirty-three.
So I cajoled almost everyone into throwing me a series of birthday parties and had a blast. I have got some seriously GREAT friends out there.
We had a Rock Band party (after a docile book group meeting) Thursday in Huntsville. Here's the band: Lisa, Sharon, Dana, Shante, Marie, Natalie and me. Dana was the mastermind and got everyone together. THANKS!!!

The cute bass chick herself.

Dana can really shred the guitar. That is, once she figures out what those buttons are for!

Friday I had a family party with my parents and brother Tim in Memphis. My dad had thoughtfully littered the house with every "thirty" decoration Party City had to offer.

The best was the party blowers. Oh, and the awesome shades.

It SNOWED Saturday in Memphis! But that didn't deter these party girls. Catherine, Joleen, Susan, Jamie, Valerie and Lindsay all braved the weather. That's some seriously great friends!

Jamie made the most amazing cake I have ever eaten in my entire life ever ever ever. And it was Word Girl, too!

We made Joleen hold up the piƱata so we could kick it. Amazingly, none of us took this opportunity to "accidentally" kick Joleen.

THANKS EVERYONE! you're next, Valerie!

9 comments:

Amber Chappell said...

Happy Birthday girl! I can't believe you're such an old fart! He, He, just kidding. I'm actually having my 30 1/2 birthday next week myself, although I'm pretty sure no one will throw me a party....dang...

Wheatley Family said...

Don't Remind ME

JNew said...

happy birthday!
and btw, you look adorable

Wendyrful said...

What fun times!!! and by the way... you don't look a Day over 29! :-) Great rock band pics!

Britt said...

Happy birthday. What a cute birthday bump you have! I love the thirties! They rock.

Richelle said...

Happy Sweet 30! Congrats on your upcoming baby, new home, & great times. We miss our Memphis friends tons.

Mike & Richelle

Lisa said...

Happy "late" Birthday! I was sad to miss the party but Disneyland was calling my name!!

Melissa Stubbs said...

Welcome to the club! I still have a hard time remembering that I'm supposed to be all adult and serious now! I love the pictures of your belly! Mine is enormous now! I only have 2 1/2 weeks left, but I'm hoping to go any day now! We'll keep you posted on what's happening. Happy Birthday!

Melissa Hodgen said...

I can't say enough about that awesome cake. What a good way to celebrate a big milestone. You've set a new standard. I want to celebrate in that kind of style.