Tuesday, February 19, 2008

All your wildest dreams will come true..

Richard and I are filling our American Parental Responsibility this spring by taking our kids to Disney World. Richard has a conference in Orlando and the kids and I are going to tag along.

I'd like to take this opportunity to be cynical, but actually I AM SO EXCITED! It will be magical for them, and a whole different place for me than the one I frequented as a high school band geek. I remember going with my family as a kid and having a blast.

I told Hannah we were going, and later a commercial came on which claimed: Disney World, where all your dreams come true! Not long after we had this conversation:

Hannah: Actually Mom, all my dreams come true at home.
Me: Awww, really?
Hannah: Yes, because when I'm at preschool I dream of being at home and having fun with my family, and then I come home and my dream comes true!

I love her so much.

6 comments:

Melissa Hodgen said...

The American pilgrimage...to Disney! Our Mecca! A little piece of kiddy heaven. I hope you have a wonderful trip and take lots of pictures. We'll live vicariously through you!

Kayleen said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard! What a sweetheart. You are going to have a blast! Paige's favorite ride at Disney is Peter Pan.

Julia said...

Just so everyone knows, I taught Hannah that entire discourse before I left last month. I had anticipated all of this, so everything worked according to plan. Good work, Hannah!

erin said...

That is so cute! She cracks me up! Have fun in the happiest place on earth (besides your home)!!!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Hi Sarah! Are you back in the land of the living? Your comment on my blog made my day. I love you too! And I am so jealous of Disney World! And the fact that Hannah would almost rather be home! She's so sweet. I look forward to her being my daughter-in-law. :)

Haley Hale said...

Doesn't that make you feel like the greatest mom on the face of the planet? It's always nice to know you are doing something right!